The Rapid Response® Influenza AB + COVID-19 Antigen Test is a rapid, lateral flow immunoassay for the detection and differentiation of nucleoprotein antigens from SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A and Influenza B in individuals suspected of COVID-19 or Influenza A or B within the first 7 days of symptoms onset.
The Rapid Response® Influenza AB + COVID-19 Antigen – 3 in 1 Test is authorized under the Health Canada Interim Order (IO #356389). This test is suitable for use by healthcare professionals and laboratory personnel trained to perform the test.
- 3-in-1 Test: Detects antigens from three common viral respiratory infections: COVID-19, Influenza A and Influenza B – saving your team critical time during the busy cold and flu season.
- Optimized care: With results in just 15 minutes, your team can quickly determine the appropriate course for treatment during the same patient visit.
- Easy and convenient: Uses non-invasive (anterior) nasal swab samples and the kit includes all materials needed to run the test.
- Streamlined workflow: Integrates seamlessly into existing COVID-19 testing workflows with similar sample collection and processing procedure.
In the Box
- 5 Individually packaged test cassettes
- 5 Pre-filled extraction buffer tubes
- 5 Disposable swabs
- 1 Product insert
- 1 Tube stand (5 pack only)
Collection of nasal specimen:
- Have the patient blow their nose.
- Remove the Disposable swab supplied in the kit from its packaging opening from the indicated end.
- Insert the entire absorbent tip of the swab inside one of the patient’s nostrils (typically between ⅗ to 1 inch (1.5 to 2.5cm). Using a circular motion, the nasal orifice should be swabbed for a minimum of five seconds.
- Compress the nostril with the fingers to trap the swab tip and rotate in a circular path against the nasal wall at least 5 times for approximately 10 seconds. Be sure to collect any nasal drainage that may be present on the swab.
- Remove the swab and repeat steps 3 and 4 in the other nostril. Do not return the Nasal swab to the original paper packaging.
Bring tests, specimens, buffer or controls to room temperature (15-30°C) before use.
- Remove the test cassette from the pouch and place it on a clean, flat surface. Once opened use the cassette within 1 hour.
- Tear the aluminum foil off the top of the pre-filled extraction buffer tube and insert the extraction buffer tube into the tube holder.
- Place the swab with the specimen into the liquid inside the pre-filled extraction buffer tube.
- While holding the tube rotate the swab while squeezing the lower part of the tube 10-15 times so that a slight pressure is exerted on the tip of the swab to release the specimen.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the swab against the walls of the tube to expel as much liquid as possible from the swab. Discard the swab in accordance with your biohazard waste disposal protocol.
- Secure the nozzle dropper cap tightly onto the top of the extraction tube.
- Invert the dropper vertically and add 3 drops of the sample solution (approx. 80μL) to each of the two sample wells (S).
- Immediately start a timer for 15 minutes. Read the result at 15 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 30 minutes.
The Rapid Response® Influenza AB + COVID-19 Antigen – 3 in 1 Test is a lateral flow immunoassay intended for the qualitative detection and differentiation of nucleoprotein antigens from SARS-CoV-2, influenza A, influenza B or influenza A and B in anterior nasal swab specimens.
This test is intended for individuals suspected of respiratory viral infection consistent with COVID-19 by their healthcare provider within the first seven days of the onset of symptoms. Clinical signs and symptoms of respiratory viral infection due to SARS-CoV-2 and influenza can be similar.
Testing is limited to clinical laboratories and point of care settings.
By purchasing this product, you agree to follow the manufacturer’s intended use and the sale conditions of this website.