Over 18% of Canadian women experience urinary tract infection (UTI) in a year, with millions enduring recurrent infections.
Treating a urinary tract infection early is the key to preventing more serious problems.
Health Check RX Home Tests clearly identify if UTI is present as well as when the infection is completely removed which helps to prevent recurrences due to stopping medication before complete cure.
Two tests in one – including both Leukocyte and Nitrate tests. Identical tests are used by physicians to diagnose a UTI.
- Easy to perform and interpret
- Results in 2 minutes
- Test in the comfort of your home
In the Box
- 3 Strips
- Colour chart
- Package insert
Allow the strip and urine specimen to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing. Gently wash the genital area thoroughly with soap and water then rinse well prior to testing.
- Remove the strip from the closed canister or the sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. Close the canister tightly after removing the required number of strip(s).
- Hold the end of the strip farthest away from the test pad(s) and begin urinating. After 1 or 2 seconds of passing urine, hold the strip downward with the test pads pointing into the urine stream for 1-2 seconds. Make sure the test pads are completely wet.
Note: If you prefer, you can urinate into a clean and dry container. Dip the test pad(s) of the strip completely into the urine and remove immediately. Run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
- After removing the strip from your urine, immediately bring the edge of the strip into contact with an absorbent material (e.g. paper towel) to remove excess urine. Lay the strip with the test pad(s) facing upwards and begin timing.
- Read result at 1 minute for Nitrite and at 2 minutes for Leukocyte. Compare the test pad(s) to the colour blocks on the colour chart. Hold the strip close to the colour blocks, and carefully match each pad to the colour chart for that test.
Note: Do not read results after 3 minutes.
The Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips are for the detection of Leukocytes (LEU) and Nitrite (NIT) in urine. It is used as an aid in the screening of urinary tract infection.
For in vitro diagnostic use. Not to be taken internally.
By purchasing this product, you agree to follow the manufacturer’s intended use and the sale conditions of this website.